Glee Quote of the Week:

Glee Quote of the Week:

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Life Lesson I've Learned from Glee

Life is Funny. Don't Take it Too Seriously.

It took me a long time to be able to laugh at life. Let's be honest, 9 times out of 10, our day to day life is hilarious. And I'm not just talking about actual funny things, like having fun with friends and being drunk. But if you really look at the things that you once thought were serious, you'll probably laugh at them now. Here are my funny things that I realized this week:

-Professor Jakiela told us one time to pay attention to signs that are meant to be serious, but are actually really funny. Today, I saw a huge sign outside that said: "Don't Fall In." It was posted over a patch of wet grass from the recent storms, but it was hilarious. What a great sign to see first thing in the morning. Story of my life: "Don't Fall In."

-I came across an old picture of me in high school today (thank you, Facebook), and I cringed. Those awkward high school years are traumatic (for most of us) to think about. And this relates well to Glee. What seemed like a huge deal in high school, such as what color eyeshadow you had on, if your braces made you look ugly, etc. is funny to think about now. In fact, I can't believe I wasted so much time worried about stupid things. In order to pay tribute to those awful high school years, I found a website with pictures of the Glee actors from high school. It's comforting to know everyone is awkward sometime in their life. Here is a sample of what I found:


For the whole collection, click here:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fomg.yahoo.com%2Fphotos%2Fglee-high-school-photo-flashback%2F4715%2F1&h=98e5aIWTYJCdIf1yILK84CW-EBw

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! Heather, Lea, and Dianna look exactly the same! I mean yes, they've only been out of school for a few years, but they haven't changed at all. It just shows that they're naturally pretty, and it isn't just all that television makeup. Jane Lynch looks like a man. I'm in love with this post. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New episode, April 12th FINALLY! I'm pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures give me hope for my future. As long as the pictures of me with braces don't make their way back out.

    ReplyDelete