Glee Quote of the Week:

Glee Quote of the Week:

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Life Lesson I've Learned from Glee

Sometimes the Old is Better Than the New


This coming Tuesday is the new episode of Glee! Finally. It's been a long couple weeks without one. But I've been easing my pain by watching the old episodes (life without Blaine is just dull), when I realized something: I was actually enjoying the old stuff. This got me thinking...

I always overlook my old stuff. Always. I overlook things that I've done or had for awhile because I get bored. But I know that sometimes, things that are old are better than the new. This leads me to my best friend Sam.

In two weeks I'm graduating college, and like most soon-to-be grads, I'm scared. I'm leaving all my friends behind and going back home. At first, I thought there is nothing for me at home anymore. Then I realized: Sam. She has been my best friend since 9th grade and has been there for me through everything. When she left UPG two years ago, I cried.
"You'll be fine," she said. "Trust me. You'll make new friends."
And I did. Sam is the kind of friend who is the voice of reason. When my boyfriend and I broke up and I didn't want to get out of bed, Sam was there.
"Just get it together. Don't worry about him," she said.



Sam will be there for me when I go back home. And although I've made new friends and had new experiences, I'm excited to go back to something that's old.

3 comments:

  1. Aww! I love this post! I've been feeling a lot of these same things lately. I haven't been living at school, even though I have a dorm there. I'm going through a lot of family issues, so I've basically been commuting for over a month. Being at home so much really made me realize how many people I have here that I may have forgotten about or taken for granted over the past few years. It's wonderful that you have a friend like Sam to go home to. I know I've appreciated my friends so much more lately, especially the ones who have always been there for me. Also, I've been cleaning out my closet to make room for the clothes that I have to bring home from school this week, and I've been finding so many things that make me appreciate my old stuff and the past. I've also found a lot of things lately that remind me of my friend who just passed away. Sometimes the old really is better than the new... and just so you know, the first season of Glee will always be my favorite. :) I love the new stuff, but the old episodes are the best. Great post, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this depressing change in life. It helps to know that other people are feeling the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't alone girl! Promise! :) In case you forgot, we wore the same shirt today. LOL

    ReplyDelete