Glee Quote of the Week:

Glee Quote of the Week:

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life Lesson I've Learned from Glee

Most of the Time, Your Parents are Right
      
"Sean is no good for you," my dad said one night at dinner.
"You don't know that," I said. I looked across the table to my mother, who had her eyes down.

I hate to admit it, but my parents are usually right about most things. Growing up, I thought I knew everything. So when my dad told me he didn't like my boyfriend of four years, I shrugged my shoulders and walked away.

"You're in an unhealthy relationship," he said one say when Sean and I got into a fight because I wanted to go skiing and he didn't. After an explosive argument and a semi-breakup, I convinced myself it was just a "normal" couple fight.

After four years and one ugly break up due to the fact that our relationship was in fact unhealthy, I realized my parents knew it long before I did. Now, when my mom and dad try to tell me something, I listen and take advice.

1 comment:

  1. I also was told for four years that my relationship with my ex was awful and unhealthy. I was stupid. The more my mom said she hated him, the more I wanted to stay with him. When I finally dumped him right before our four year anniversary last year, it was the biggest relief I've ever felt. I feel ya, girl.

    ReplyDelete